My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Monday, August 13, 2007

leftie.

Well, I posted this on Cherng's blog. Lazy retype a version for my blog. xD

Start:

Do this for me, imagine that you're clapping your hands, and clasp your hands around each other after that. Is your right hand, or your left hand, the uppermost hand? If it's your left hand, Happy World Left-Handers' Day, if you're using your right hand, slowly wait until we left-handers start to appreciate you right-handers. =P

Yoo. People from Cherngville. xD. You all probably know that today's World Left-Handers' Day by now, since Cherng posted it up earlier.


Put your hand there and you'd probably figure out which hander you are. xD

Well, it'd probably wouldn't mean much to any of you, since it's a RIGHT HANDED world. Like what Cherng has said, pencil kinda smudge if we write from left to right, or maybe ink smudge. The worst has got to be "Chong Kai". Like, Chinese calligraphy. Ugh, Imma tell you.

Primary school. TEACHERS. They were like, "(Chinese name, mine. xD), why can't you use your right hand? I lazy teach you la." And all. Then she started using the cane, and start whacking my left hand if I used my left hand to use the "feather pen", or so it was called. Then my father started teaching me the left-handed way to hold the "feather pen". And so, my calligraphy got better, but it still sucked. So.. The point is. It's a freaking right-handed world, and AT LEAST we get a day to celebrate our left-handedness.

From a History point of view, left-handedness = curse. And Chinese beliefs, say that use left-hand is like the curse of the devil and is literally beaten out of them. Forced right-handers, or so you call them. I pity those people, like, forced right-handers, just because of some beliefs. It's painful, not being able to use your "gift from God".

Well, how many left-handers are there? I say, only about 1 out of 15 people, is left-handed. Or less than that. Sad, eh? Ahaha, that's why I'm so excited about being left-handed. It's a privilege to use your left-hand. Most left-handers I know, are ambidextrous, that means being able to use both our hands. That meanss, we use both sides of our brains. =)

Ahaha, well, most left-handers are either good at Maths, sporting, or are artistic geniuses. Some are either one plus one, or all three. Ahaha, I don't know which one I am in, but Maths is definitely one of them. xD. It's not just that, a lot of famous people are left-handed. Like, Oprah Winfrey, or Bruce Willis, or even Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar, authors like Mark Twain, musicians, Phil Collins, Jimi Hendrix! XD, Martina McBride =3 and hell a lot more. xD. See? FAMOUS PEOPLE! =)


I'm a lefty, are you? =P

Yea, it's kinda like a discrimination post, oh well. =P No offense, though. No, seriously! XD

cheerioseets, arty.

End. xD

cheerioseets, arty.

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)