My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

play

Buahaha. Today was another interesting day. I slept at 2am this morning studying for my undang test that I was gonna take, or at least I thought, at 8am. I woke up at 6.30am and waited for my instructor to come and fetch me to the centre to resit my exam. (Which I failed the last time with 41/50 cause I did it in English.)

And so, I was since 8.15am. I waited, and waited, and WAITED for about one hour and a half and entered the exam room at 9.45am. I took my time, slowly reading the questions and answered the questions, checking once through after I finished. I'm glad to say that I've passed. :)

46 / 50

Well, that wasn't all I did today. I watched Bottom Top, the matinee show at KLPac. It was awesome. The set, the lights, the actors. It was like, Dato Faridah's comeback. I've never seen her act before, and she is blardy damn good. So is Mark, of course. :)

Bottom Top is a story about a gay boy and his mother, whom is getting remarried, was preparing a guest list for her wedding and decided to ask her son about the 'different' lifestyle and tried to matchmake him with some of the guests from the list. In the process, she discovered that her husband was gay too. Haha, really funny. Sick, dirty gay slapstick jokes combined with Mark and Dato' Faridah's sarcasm, it was blardy damn good.

Apart from that, I watched the first 10 minutes of A Christmas Carol during a rehearsal and I think that everybody should come to KLPac and catch it.

- - Advert - -


More than a century later, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol remains one of the most popular and best-loved tales which has captivated the imagination of generations, children and adults alike. Performed on stage all around the world during Christmastime, it has become an all-time holiday favourite, and will see it's first performance EVER in Malaysia!.

Carrying on this tradition, KLPac is delighted to be presenting its very own production of A Christmas Carol, based on John Mortimer’s adaptation. This version was first staged by the internationaly renowned Royal Shakespeare Company in 1994 to critical acclaim. The KLPac production will be directed by Christopher Ling.

The tale centres on the old and bitter but extremely wealthy Ebenezer Scrooge, played by Darius Taraporvala, who hated the humbug of Christmas. It follows the miserly Scrooge as he is taken on a journey through the past, present and future by three ghosts on Christmas Eve. As Scrooge enters the lives of Tiny Tim, Bob Cratchit and the Fezziwigs, he comes to know the meaning of kindness, charity and goodwill, and remembers the true spirit of Christmas.

Besides traditional Christmas carols, this production will also feature original music by Music Director, Nick Choo.

Date & Time 12 December – 28 December at 8.30pm daily
except Sundays & Christmas Day at 3pm
(no performance on Mondays and Christmas Eve)

Venue: Pentas 1, KLPac
Sentul Park, Jalan Strachan (Off Jalan Ipoh), 51100 KL

Tickets: RM60, RM40 or RM20 (students, sr. citizens &disabled)

Promotion Family Package (all days)
RM100 for family of four (children & adult)

CHEAP Weekday Tickets - Tues, Wed & Thurs!
RM20 flat

For group bookings or gift certificates, please call 03-4047 9012 / 9016 (special arrangements can be made)


That's all for today's episode of 'You know you can't fit into those pants anymore and SO! You shall watch these plays as they really damn good.'

cheerioseets, arty.

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)