My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

wth

- - - Edit - - -
YES! I'M IN!

Received a call from Marcus just now. He's one of the directors. I GOT CASTED FOR THE LEAD CHAR. YESSSS! XD
- - - EditEnd - - -


This is my resume's picture! ;D

Good gosh, the auditions was fun! ;D I mean, not fun fun la. But the feeling's still the same. Nervous before you go, nervous after you get out.

So I reached KLPac at 10am after breakfast, of course. I was memorising my monologue in the car, on the way to KLPac. Memorise memorise memorise. I'm always like this. Last minute thing is just..

Great! Like, last minute stuffs. Anyways, arrived at 10, saw and waved to Az'farr. He was crying, mumbling some stuffs. Seriously. Then, I saw this book in his hands.

"Bloodihood Story"

OKAY! Az'farr got casted as the lead actor in the play and he's getting paid! ;D Well, I hope I get paid doing all of these as well. But darn it! XD

I showed him my resume. I'm so proud of it! *squeeee* Ahem. Sorry. So yeah, tried to memorise my monologue then it's time! Well, not really. The directors were all late.

Skip all the boring part. I met Marcie! I think. She's like the registration person and all. So I registered, took a picture with the 'Registration Camera' and sat there and memorise my monologue. And there I was! In the Indicine, with 5 directors. Entered and started straight away.

Confusions by Alan Ayckbourn

A Talk in the Park is the final play in the set of five plays called Confusions. Confusions is a set of five short plays with interlinking themes of confusion, isolation, conflict and misunderstanding.

Arthur Mind you, I shouldn’t be here. By rights, I should be at home. That’s where I should be. Inside my front door. I’ve got plenty of things I should be doing. The kitchen shelves to name but three. Only you sit at home on a day like today. Sunday. Nothing to do. On your own – you think to yourself, this is no good, this won’t get things done – and there you are talking to yourself. You know what they say about people who talk to themselves? Eh? Eh? Yes. So I thought it’s outdoors for you, else they’ll come and take you away. Mind you, I’m never at a loss. I’m a very fulfilled person. I have, for example, one of the biggest collections of cigarette cards of anyone alive or dead that I know of. And you don’t get that by sitting on your behind all day. But I’ll let you into a secret. Do you know what it is that’s the most valuable thing there is you can hope to collect? People. I’m a collector of people. I look at them, I observe them, I hear them talk, I listen to their manner of speaking and I think, hallo, here’s another one. Different. Different again. Because I’ll let you into a secret. They are like fingerprints. They are never quite the same. And I’ve met a number in my lifetime. Quite a number. Some good, some bad, all different. But the best of them, and I’m saying this to you quite frankly and openly, the best of them are women. They are superior people. They are better people. They are cleaner people. They are kinder-hearted people. If I had a choice, I’d be a woman. Now that makes you laugh, I expect, but it’s the truth. When I choose to have a conversation, I can tell you it’s with a woman every time. Because a woman is one of nature’s listeners. Most men I wouldn’t give the time of day to. Now I expect that shocks you but it’s the truth. Trouble is, I don’t get to meet as many women as I’d like to. My particular line of work does not bring me into contact with them as much as I would wish. Which is a pity.

Tired of typing stuffs already.

Well, Nicol laughed! XD And and, Az'farr too! :D

I waited for a bit, and some directors came up to me to ask to try a few parts in their plays. Yesh! I've got 2 lead roles and one side one, but I'm not sure yet, cause they haven't called back to me. =S

Okay anyways, off to dinner. Here're some pictures from yesterday's 'Portrait shots' session that I supposedly had to take since I don't have a proper one of myself.

Date: 22nd June 2008
Venue: Everywhere in KLPac
Time: 4.30pm - 5.30pm


















My crazee bunch of younger friends. Believe it or not, I'm the oldest there. xD

cheerioseets, arty.

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)