My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

audition


I had my audition for T4YPclikku today.

So, after my class at KLPac, it was my turn at the audition. Sooooo, nervous lil' me, was outside waiting for my turn. So, wait wait wait. Cold hands, cold feet, cold nose, cold socks, cold shirt buttons, cold hair, col.. sorry. x) Anyways, I was so nervous I was shaking. One Shakespeare monologue(Classic). One modern monologue. Song (Optional).

I entered the room. They were allll nice people.

Arthur(me): H.. hi..
Chris(director): Don't be nervous, we won't bite, well, I won't but Mark will.
*Mark shoots dagger eyes*

LOL It was so funny. But that didn't make me relax, it was my first audition after all. But omg, I was so nervous. I started off with a Shakespeare monologue, which I screwed up. I stopped a lot and forgot my lines. Then I did a contemporary monologue from Les Miserables (pronounced Lei Mizerab). And I screwed that up as well. Lines. Lines. Lines. _______. Lines. Then they asked me to get a block and stand it and do the Les Miserables one again, cause it was like preaching kind of speech. And I screwed up again. SIGH. I'm such a failure. xD So yadee yada. Well, there was this one part, where he asked whether I wanted to sing or not, it was optional. I originally wanted to sing, but didn't in the end. So he asked which group I belonged to, the SATB thing. I think most music student knows what's that. So, I said alto, which I am, but he said I was tenor. So, kinda shocked. XD

They asked me to sing Happy Birthday instead. So, yah. A bit off cause I was still nervous. And homg, I can't believe I'm shivering as I type this. See? I must still be nervous.

Let's move on to the interesting one. The group work. Basically we were all supposed to be strangers, but I actually know the other two person that I was suppose to do the group work with cause:

1) The first person was my classmate. Johann. xD

2) I met the second person after my audition. Ivan Chan. He knows Ivan Yun. O.O

Okay anyways. First part of the group work was that we were supposed to walk around the room randomly. One was to listen to his commands, "Start" and "Stop" then after a while, he wanted us to start and stop at our own paces, without saying anything. We did that without much difficulty, though. 'Twas fun.

So after that, Mark came up and asked us to do his part of the group work. He's still scary. o.o Okay anyways, he did the start and stop thing by clapping this time. And after that, he put us in different characters and settings.

First setting was in the playground and we were children playing of about 5 - 6 years old. Ahaha, so Johann became a bully and tried to bully Ivan. But I came up and saved him but he bullied me instead. xD

Second setting, we were in a horror movie. Nothing interesting. Then stopped, we were told to interact with one another next time.

Third setting, he gave 3 minutes to do Cinderella. Ahaha, yeah yeah. 3 guys doing Cinderella where all characters were almost all girls, 'cept the Prince. So, discussed for 2 minutes. In the end, we decided to do impromptu. Risky, I know. But it was fun. Hilarious results.

Johann becames Cinderella. I became fairy godmother. And Ivan somehow turned into the dress.

It went like this, Johann was crying.

Johann: But I really want to go to the ball!
Arthur: Hey, don't be sad.
Johann: You're not supposed to be in here!
Arthur: Well, like hello? I'm the fairy godmother, obvious I can walk through walls.
(Judges laugh. Yay! xD)
Arthur: Do you want a dress or what?
Johann: Yes please, one with lotsa diamonds.
Arthur: *does hand movements* Kara kara kara ching!
*Ivan hugs Johann*
(Judges laughed so loud my ears was ringing. xD Omg extra yay.)

And it was all impromptu! XD Not the best impromptu I'd ever done, but it was good. ;D

And did I tell you how tall Ivan is? He's about 6 foot 2 inches. Broad shoulders and thin/muscular-ish. So imagine big he is. And he's my age. Anyways, he became the dress, so imagine how funny it looked LOL.

Haha, that's all right now. Hopefully I can make it. But I don't think I can, cause I screwed up a lot. Oh wells. What's done's done. I should've prepared more. But I didn't. It's my fault. So yah. I HAD SO MUCH FUN. XDDD

'Kay, time to sleep. Gonna faint soon. =D

cheerioseets, arty.

In case you were wondering, here's my monologue.

This one's from Shakespeare.


The Tempest : Act 4 Scene 1

Prospero:
You do look, my son, in a moved sort,
As if you were dismayed. Be cheerful, sir.
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air.
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself –
Yea, all which it inherit – shall dissolve,
And like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

And my modern piece.

Les Miserables

Marius: We can't strike. Why not? Because it's against the law to strike! The king has declared that everything is a crime. Writing is a crime. Two weeks ago, the police destroyed the Galaty, the worker's newspaper. They smashed the press. They burned over two thousand newspapers but that didn't satisfy the king. Three days ago at a student meeting, a peaceful meeting, soldiers broke it up and arrested two of my friends. Writing, talking, going to class, speaking out is a crime. Being poor is a crime. Being poor is the worst crime of all. And if you commit these crimes, you are condemned for life. Our government has no mercy, no pity, no forgiveness. And there's no work for us. And because there's no work, our children are starving. Tell me: why are we powerless to save the people we love? All of you know. Tell me - why? The king betrayed us. We were promised the vote, do we have it? Do we have the vote? Where is the republic our fathers died for? It's here my brothers. It lives here in our heads. But most of all, best of all, it's here in our hearts. In our hearts - WE ARE THE REPUBLIC!

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)