My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

camwhore

I've been wanting to write this.. thought for a long while now. Anyways, it'll be short, cause I need to study for my LAN freaking test tomorrow. :O

The Reason Why I Camwhore


Looking back into my mom's photo albums of myself and my brother, I noticed that I didn't have much pictures of myself for what reasons I do not know.

I feel that pictures really do say a thousand words. Or more, really. It won't be one word less and just be, a thousand words and beyond. The power of pictures, the message that it conveys, is truly important.

There're many reasons why people take pictures in general. I myself aren't a photographer, so I might not be right on this. But I feel that pictures, capture moments of your lives that you really want to capture. For instance, you spotted your friend digging his nose and found it really funny. *click* You snapped a picture and there, it's frozen for eternity, for your amusement and what not.

To me, camwhoring is pretty much the same thing. I grab my friend's shoulders, fit myself into the picture (most of the time it's just my head) and *click*. There, now I can look back at the picture and won't really forget who my friends were in the future. It also captures emotions, the unwillingness of someone to have their pictures taken and immortalized within a digital 256k colours RGB format.

Camwhoring by myself however, is a different thing. Frankly, I do it to satisfy myself. Cause, to start loving other people, you must first love yourself. That's what I think. If you don't like yourself, how are you able to like other people? Well, you can but that's just what I think. It's something I'm trying out, really. A theory, if you want to put a name to it. Call it Arthur's theory of loving a friend. I don't care.

Taking pictures of other people, capturing that very moment, be it sadness, happiness, quirkiness and whatever, is golden. If you were sad in one point of life, and look back at the picture, you'd go, "What the hell, was I really like that?" It'd be a reason for you to move forward, a reason to actually not look back at past and concentrate on what's important in the future instead.

Well, there're also reasons such as but not limited to, taking pictures of that one hot guy for your fellow female friends and also stalking THAT FREAKING CUTE GIRL that your classmate really likes.

Heh, oh well. That's what I think. It's up to you to decide, for what reason you camwhore or take pictures. It'd be better if you would start camwhoring too after reading this dear ol' thought of mine. :)

cheerioseets, arty.

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)