My FacebookMy DeviantArtMy FlickrMy TwitterMy Formspring »

| me? |


Arthur Chia.


That's it really, that's who I am.

Just a boy, just a boy.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

pray


The poor old man's name is Mohamed Hashim bin Tarmizi. Can I ask all of you to help me pray for this man's well being? Pray that he'll get out of this a strong, healthy old man. And that my friend would be safe and learn well from this experience. That we all should be more careful when driving on the road, regardless or not if there was a pedestrian crossing.


Today was a horrible day. I attended the Tan Sri Loy Hean Heong Merit Scholarship Award ceremony this morning to accept the scholarship from 'em. Boring process, met my mom's goddaughter there and stuff.

I decided to follow my friend back after that, instead of taking the bus. I thank God that I made that decision. If I wasn't there, I'm not sure what my friend would do. Traumatized and crying, praying that the man would be okay.

My friend and I, she was driving, after we dropped another friend back at her home, we exited Brickfields towards Bangsar Jaya through Jalan Bangsar. As we were going, we saw a man crossing the road. She honked and brake and yet he didn't avoid us. She moved to the extreme right, barely inches away from the concrete divider. And he walked straight our path.

It was scary. The sound. The glass shattering. I was in the passenger seat when it happened. We immmediately stopped and parked the car at the right hand side of the road. We got down and went beside the uncle. He was bleeding profusely, blood on his hands, his face, his cheekbones fractured and chin grazed.

I immediately called the ambulance and had a hard time describing where we were. Motorbikes were stopping to help us. Some were helpful and some just blocking the way. A motorist called the ambulance once more for us and I waited, while she attended to the guy, praying and hoping that he would be fine. I told her that everything would be fine, and he would survive this.

One of the motorists had advised my friend to park the car at the left hand side of the road, and here came another fucking motorcylist. She was saying stuffs like, how it was a hit and run and fuck. I wanted to fucking punch her. She was insulting us, insulting my friend, who she thought had neglected our duties as good Samaritans to help this poor old man that she had hit.

Advise to people who want to stop and stare: Don't fucking stop and stare. STOP AND HELP.

The ambulance came and they were attending to his injury. He was smiling, trying to comfort my friend. A policeman was on his way home to fetch his children to school, but he stopped and advised us on what to do. We were to follow the ambulance to the hospital to check on him, to see if he would be fine. She was traumatized, she couldn't drive. So I drove the car with the shattered glass, trying to keep up with the high speed that the ambulance was driving at.

We reached the University Hospital and immediately went to the Trauma dan Kecemasan entrance and checked on him. His condition wasn't that stable but the attendees assured us that he would be fine. His son was contacted and we then waited for our mothers to arrive.

The poor old man's name is Mohamed Hashim bin Tarmizi. Can I ask all of you to help me pray for this man's well being? Pray that he'll get out of this a strong, healthy old man. And that my friend would be safe and learn well from this experience. That we all should be more careful when driving on the road, regardless or not if there was a pedestrian crossing.

cheerioseets, arty.

No comments:

 
Blog layout and design by ArtyChia :)